The Barcelona Design Week, created by Barcelona Design Centre in 2006, is the unmissable event on design, creativity and innovation in the Catalan capital and one of the most important design weeks of the international calendar.
From today until November 26th, and under the slogan "Design activism. A call to action", the 15th edition of BDW presents more than 100 online and face-to-face activities, including exhibitions, workshops, conferences and open days, but also events more aimed at the professional and business public (you can check the complete program here).
Do you want to know in which of these activities we are present? Read on:
- Emerging education in a pandemic situation (11/19, 5:00 p.m. - Online): The association of design schools EDIVI organizes this virtual session to reflect on how teaching in social innovation projects has adapted to the current context. We will be represented by recent graduate in Fashion Design Queralt Orriols, who will talk about her collection "Zero 00:00", and professor Daniel Cantó. The proposal of our alumni puts in value the cost of production as an element to take into account.
- Final gala LCI Barcelona Fashion Film Festival 2020 (11/19, 7:00 p.m. - Online): The only fashion film festival in the city, sponsored by LCI Barcelona, presents the awards of its 4th edition in a great event that will be held in streaming from the Museu del Disseny.
- Dialogue between Jordi Pericot and Vicent Almiñana: "The new designer, the neo-renaissance designer" (11/23, 7:00 p.m. - Online): Design and communication are in a complex field in constant technological, cultural and sociological transformation. The master Jordi Pericot and our Graphic area professor Vicent Almiñana will talk about the new rules and professional roles not to be missed. Blanc! festival, which we also sponsor, is one of the organizers of this colloquium.
- DI55ECCIONS with Ignacio de Juan-Creix and Carolina Angeli (11/25, 7:00 p.m. - Online): The LCI Barcelona cycle of conferences opens its 4th season to continue giving voice to great experts in design, innovation and creativity. The first session of this edition will feature Ignacio de Juan-Creix from the observatory specialized in food and health N3XT by VMLY&R and Carolina Angeli from Plat Institute, the creative platform that addresses the food problems that society will face in the future through R&D&I and education.
- Showcases - Design in Diagonal (Every day - On-site): Within this initiative aimed at supporting local shops, the final year students of Interior Design degree have redesigned the store window of La Bul store (Diagonal avenue, 594). Check out this link to discover their project.
- Madrid - Barcelona Bridge (Every day - On-site): This exhibition brings together the results of the collaborative work between Madrid Design Festival and Barcelona Design Week with the participation of students from different schools, including ours.
Happy #BDW2020 to all of you!
All activities are listed with Barcelona time.