On Friday May 4th we will celebrate the 90th Anniversary of Felicidad Duce, the Fashion School of LCI Barcelona. On that day, we would like to pay tribute to its founder, Mrs. Felicidad Duce, in the company of all those people who are part of the history of the School.
We have organized a full day of activities that will include the delivery of the Felicidad Duce Award 2018 to the prestigious milliner Stephen Jones and the launch of the LCI Barcelona Alumni Club.
Programme of the day
- Pop UP 90th anniversary exhibition (all day long). It will include a selection of 9 sets of alumni who will explain the past, present and future of the School. The chosen pieces will highlight the technical excellence, creativity and innovation associated with Felicidad Duce, the Fashion School of LCI Barcelona.
- Round table 1st LCI Barcelona Fashion Symposium: "Women, gender and fashion" (17:30h - 18:30h). A space for reflection and generation of discourses on fashion and its social, cultural, economic and technological contexts. With Charo Mora (Yo Dona), Leticia Blanco (El Mundo), Patricia Soley Beltrán, Pilar Riaño (Modaes) and Gabriel Torres (LCI Barcelona). Moderator: Estel Vilaseca.
- Screening of fashion films and the testimonial of Mrs. Mercedes Freixas, daughter of the School’s founder (10:00h - 16:00h).
Workshops and master class
- 10:00h - 11:00h and 16:00h - 17:00h: Discover the Felicidad Duce method and its history. Presentation of Felicidad Duce’s figure through her famous method, which has transcended to the present day. By Susanna Canalda (morning) and María Costa (afternoon).
- 10:00h - 18:00h: Open class: How to apply digital technology to fashion design. Session on the application of digital technologies in fashion world. By Citlali Hernández.
- 11:00h - 12:30h: Moulage workshop: "The shadow of Balenciaga". Introduction to Balenciaga's challenging technical exercises from practice and focusing on contemporary creations. By Miguel Elola.
- 12:30h - 13:30h: Q&A. Alumni vs Students: How to create your own clothing brand. Alumni of the School will share with current students their experiences on the creation of their own fashion brand: difficulties, challenges, learning, etc. With Krizia Robustella, Manuel Bolaño, Ssic and Paul and Adrià Machado. Moderator: Fran Jimenez.
- 16:30h - 17:30h: Millinery master class: "Trimming a hat". How to give the final shape to a hat through the application of different elements. By Nina Pawlowsky.
Institutional event (19:00h)*
- Welcome of Mrs. Sílvia Viudas, General Director of LCI Barcelona.
- Speech of Mrs. Mercedes Freixas, daughter of the founder and Honorary President of Felicidad Duce.
- Presentation of Felicidad Duce Award 2018 by Mrs. Estel Vilaseca, Head of Fashion Area.
- Delivery of the award to Stephen Jones by Mercedes Freixas.
- Toast and ending of the event at about 20:00h.
*In honor of Mr. Stephen Jones, wearing a hat or a headdress is required.
We look forward to your presence, confirm your attendance filling the form!
Registration for the different activities does not guarantee attendance, which will be limited by capacity. Admission depends on the order of arrival.
Partners: Gratacós, Cubiñá, Atrezzo, Pinker Moda, Modaes, VEIN Magazine and Mar & Sol.